Bloodchild (2 points)

 1. I was cringing at the content of the text at first. But aside from what was taking place that made me cringe, I also found it to be fascinating and bizarre. The nature of the story, what was happening in this story made it seem interesting and bizarre, if I am understanding it right. It seems that T'Gatoi is implanting eggs in humans that, once they burst open, have to be removed so that they do not devour their host. The worm-like creatures are then removed from the human, and placed in animal flesh to continue feasting. What was happening in this story made it seem very 'alien' to me, for lack of a better word. When things like a car, or home are mentioned, I think, "Oh that is something I am familiar with". But then descriptions of T'Gatoi having many limbs and using humans to farm creatures made me wonder at first what was going on, and how did the story become something so bizarre? Overall, if I am understanding it right, fascinating story.

2. The connection that I made with this story was when Gan decided to protect his sister from the fate of being a farm basically, although he technically made the decision because he wanted to have whatever experience lay ahead with T'Gatoi. For Gan, despite the gruesome nature of what happened with Lomas, there was almost a kind of intimate nature of the experience with T'Gatoi. Perhaps it is human nature to be enveloped by this intimate nature despite hazardous forces working against you. If I am understanding that right, it certainly clicked in my mind as interesting.

3. I think, for this story, I would like to see it as a short film. However, to make it more interesting, I would change the setting and environment to be more futuristic, perhaps even something like that of what you might see in cyberpunk. I feel that this adjustment would make it far more interesting given the happenings of the story. Thinking to a setting like in Blade Runner, or of a setting like Cyberpunk 2077, somehow makes the events feel more fascinating rather than horrifying. 

4. Perhaps the idea that humans are being used as hosts, basically farmed, would place this story as an afrofuturistic piece. It is obviously a piece of fiction, and clearly humans are being farmed by some being, and so that may be the reason this piece could be categorized as such. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sketch Three (2 points)

Sketch One (2 points)